The local zoning by-laws dictate minimum setback requirements from property lines.  As part of a permit application when a new building is being constructed or an existing building is being added to, or a building or structure is being moved, relocated or placed on a property, the applicant/owner is responsible to provide a detailed site plan showing distances to property lines and distances between structures so that the EIPD can confirm adherence to the zoning by-law.

If you are unable to accurately define your property lines, the EIPD will request that you obtain a Building Location Certificate or Staking Certificate from a Registered Manitoba Land Surveyor.  Costs vary from surveyor to surveyor so be sure to do your research.

If your property pins are found and you can clearly define your property lines, you may use the Site Plan Template form (below) to submit with your building permit application.